Knock Your Socks Off Holiday Crafts
“These stockings,” he grinned, “are the first things to go!”
-The Grinch, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
It’s not likely that the Grinch is responsible for the socks that have gone missing in your home. But the Grinch does provide some inspiration for transforming those lonely, random socks in your laundry basket and dresser drawers into fun and useful holiday crafts:
- Make a sock garland to deck the halls. Attach colorful socks to a ribbon and string it across the room.
- Fill a sock with polyester fiberfill and a little catnip. Tie the end tightly closed and give it to a cat for Christmas! Or make several to give to your local animal shelter.
- Stuff a small sock with polyester fiberfill and sew it closed to make a pin cushion.
- Turn old socks into dusters so the kids can help make the house sparkling clean for the holidays.
- Create sock puppets. Put on family performances of your favorite Dr. Seuss stories!