Lorax-themed “Unless” Paperweights
And all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks, with the one word . . . “UNLESS.”
Create a special reminder to care for the earth everyday. Get your family outside to collect rocks and stones and then try one or more of these ideas:
- Organize and display colorful, small rocks in bowls or jars.
- Create a unique table runner with smooth, flat river stones flowing across your table.
- Exhibit interesting stones by lining them up or stacking them on a windowsill or mantel.
- Make a rock and candle garden with tea lights, a tray, and an assortment of rocks and stones.
Turn larger, smooth stones into a pair of bookends.
- Pick sturdy flowers with long stems. Dandelions, daisies and marigolds work well.
- Start with two flowers. Cross one stem over the other at the base of the bloom and use your left hand to hold them together where they cross.
- Use your right hand to wrap the top stem around the back of the bottom stem and bring it through the middle of the two blooms.
- Hold the wrapped stems together. Add another flower by placing it on top of the stems and to the left of the wrapped blooms. Repeat the same wrapping of each new stem as above.
- Add lots of flowers for a long, festive garland. Hang up your flower chain or tie the ends together for a table centerpiece, a flower crown, or necklace.