Triple Sized Christmas Greetings
Hearts full of love and joy at Christmas are bursting to be shared! Create something simple but special for sharing those feelings. This holiday card idea, inspired by the Grinch, reminds us all to feel love in our hearts. Start a family tradition of making holiday cards and send friends and neighbors some sweet sentiments that are sure to raise a smile.
What you’ll need:
- candy canes in different sizes
- construction paper
- crayons, colored pencils or markers
- glue or tape
- paint, glitter, stickers, or other candy (optional)
- Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
Before your kids start making their heartfelt greetings, read aloud Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Talk about the meaning behind the words “the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day!”
Show kids how two candy canes facing each other form a heart. Encourage them to use the candy cane hearts to make transformation and love the theme of their Christmas cards. Let them draw inspiration from the Grinch, but be creative in their designs. To get them started, you might suggest:
- Using different sizes of candy canes to show how a heart can grow
- Listing reasons why their hearts are full at Christmas
- Leaving the candy canes wrapped so the recipient can enjoy the card and the candy
- Making plans to deliver the cards in person along with lots of holiday hugs