Things love to share—especially cookies! Use the recipe below or one of your own favorite cookie recipes to make a giant heart-shaped cookie for sharing. If you want share with canine friends, make your giant heart cookie using the Pawfully Good Dog Biscuits recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips, or other baking chips
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- parchment paper (optional)
- Extra large cookie sheet or large round pizza pan
- Pawsome Cupcake icing and sprinkles (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°. Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl for one minute. Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture and mix well.
In a small bowl, stir together baking soda, salt and flour. Incorporate half of the flour mixture into the sugar and egg mixture. Mix in chocolate chips, nuts, and remaining flour.
Place dough onto a lightly greased (or covered with parchment paper) large sheet or pizza pan. Use your hands to press and shape the dough into a ½ inch thick heart shape. The dough heart should look skinny so it can spread out while baking for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool for 20 minutes. Kids can decorate with Pawsome Cupcake icing and lots of sprinkles!