Go beyond butter and salt! Have kids pep up popcorn to serve to their pop or friends who’ve popped over.
What you’ll need:
- 16 cups popped popcorn (1/2 cup popcorn kernels)
- 3–4 tablespoons melted butter
- measuring spoons
- a variety of small and large bowls
- paper lunch bags (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, dash salt
- 2 tablespoons dried Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Before you start popping, get your toppings ready. Provide your child with three small bowls and the ingredients for chocolate, pizza, and cinnamon popcorn. Mix each set of ingredients in their own bowl. Your child might want to make signs identifying each topping. Have a spoon ready with each topping for serving.
Pop popcorn with your preferred method, though stove-top popcorn is recommended. Toss the popcorn with melted butter. (Adding butter helps the toppings stick to the popcorn.)
Create a space where everyone can fill different bowls or bags with popcorn and add toppings. Enjoy with a good book, or during game night or a backyard movie.
Encourage your child to think of other new flavor sensations to try, and add them to your next Popcorn Party!