This luscious, velvety hat is for eating, not wearing!
What you’ll need:
- straight-sided clear glass or plastic tumblers
- long-handled ice cream spoons
- vanilla yogurt (thicker Greek yogurt works well) or vanilla ice cream
- your favorite fresh red berries or cherries, coarsely chopped
- whipped cream
- decorating bag or plastic sandwich bag (optional)
Wash fruits, let dry, then coarsely chop. In each glass, alternate layers of vanilla yogurt with your favorite fresh red berries or cherries, creating the red and white stripes of the Cat’s hat. To keep the yogurt from smearing, use a decorating bag (or plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off) to fill the glasses.
Depending on availability and tastes, you could also make parfaits using pureed frozen fruits thickened with a little cornstarch or canned cherry pie filling and vanilla ice cream.
Top off these toppers with a dollop of whipped cream and dig in!